Saturday, December 23, 2006

Who goes there?

I'm trying to decide who to let in on this blog, as the content will surely be determined by who I think is reading. I tend to be somewhat- shall we say- incorrect in the company of certain audiences, and somewhat more restrained in the company of others.

Case in point: I surely did not say "Portuguese" in my most recent restaurant discussion with C. I surely used a mild ethnic epithet, one my Southern New Englander friends would be comfortable enough with to just find silly, which might give others pause, and which somehow got cleaned up for publication. Another case: C and I think it's just funny as hell to think of Baby Zee as our "little Quadroon." Some folks, they just don't find this so funny. Some folks, they just don't get what we find funny about it, and some folks, they find it funny for all the wrong reasons.

Also, there is some news about the activity in my hoo-hoo that I would share with certain reading friends, but perhaps not with, say, any number of our lovely elderly relatives.

This an issue I will have to meditate on. I'll let you know the verdict.

No comments: